The Spring/Summer 2020 issue of Coming Home magazine is all about movement. These lifestyle articles for homeowners were developed in a time of considerable uncertainty, and I hope our creativity shines through as we celebrate what movement means to us.
Virtual Vacations (P. 6)
From the top attractions to the hidden treasures, experience everything North America has to offer—without touching your frequent flyer miles. Our recommended virtual summer activities include:
- Cincinnati ZooCountry Music Hall of Fame
- Smithsonian National Museum of Natural History
- Space Center
- And more!
Cookbooks for Every Taste (P. 9)
Whether you’re a culinary novice or a seasoned pro, these are the best cookbooks that deserve a spot in your kitchen collection:
- Salt Fat Acid Heat: Mastering the Elements of Good Cooking
- The Home Cook: Recipes to Know by Heart
- Cravings: Recipes for all the Foods You Want to Eat
- The Cook’s Atelier: Recipes, Techniques, and Stories from Our French Cooking School
Grill Maintenance 101 (P. 12)
Warmer weather is finally here, which means grilling season is officially in full swing. Grills and smokers are big-time essentials for fun in the sun, but these backyard treasures can also cook up some unsavory treats like burnt foods, insects, or debris when ignored for too long. Here’s how to clean your grill.
Clear the Clutter (P. 18)
From endless to-do lists to rushing out the door to the next event, it can be daunting, intimidating, and outright overwhelming to muster up the energy to tidy your home. Who has a whole weekend to clean, anyway? We sought out advice from a professional organizer on how to get rid of clutter.
You Move Me (P. 22)
We interviewed a Communications & Outreach Specialist for Pet Partners, the largest pet therapy organization in the U.S., to help us identify the benefits of owning a pet:
- Pets help reduce stress
- Pets make us feel less lonely
- Pets connect us with others in our community
- Pets keep us healthy
- Pets teach us responsibility