There’s no one like a dad. While a dad is strong and calm, their humor is what really sets them apart. That’s right; dads can lighten any mood and make you smile. This Father’s Day, we’re honoring all dads, fathers, pops, and papas with the quintessential dad jokes that are, actually, pretty funny.
How do you know when a dad joke has fully matured? When it becomes apparent. Learn more about dad jokes and check out additional zingers like this one below.
What’s a Dad Joke?
A dad joke is essentially a joke that has the intention to be funny but is characteristically unfunny. A dad joke doesn’t have to be told by a dad; the joke’s simple nature and clever wordplay are enough to qualify it as a dad joke. Whether it’s a one-liner, pun, or knock-knock joke, there are no limits to the type of joke that restricts a dad joke.
Funny Dad Jokes
Ho-ho-ho, ha-ha-ha, hee-hee-hee. Dads have an innate ability to bring laughter into a room. Whether it’s an adult, teen, or kid, everybody can appreciate these funny dad jokes.
- I'm reading a book about anti-gravity. It's impossible to put down!
- Singing in the shower is fun until you get soap in your mouth. Then it’s a soap opera!
- Did you hear about the restaurant on the moon? Great food, but no atmosphere!
- I thought the dryer was shrinking my clothes. Turns out it was the refrigerator all along!
- What's brown and sticky? A stick!
- How does a penguin build its house? Igloos it together!
- Did you hear the rumor about butter? Well, I’m not going to spread it.
- Why don't skeletons fight each other? They don't have the guts!
- I used to play piano by ear, but now I use my hands!
- I don’t trust those trees. They’re kind of shady.
- How do you organize a space party? You "planet"!
Find even more funny dad jokes on Instagram to get your daily dose of hoots out of your system!
Best Dad Jokes for Kids
Kids know a lot of things, but it can sometimes be hard to get them to crack up. The good part about dad jokes is that they’re so simplistic and funny, that even the littlest ones get it.
- What do you call a snowman with a six-pack? An abdominal snowman!
- How do you catch a squirrel? Climb a tree and act like a nut!
- What do you call a bear with no teeth? A gummy bear!
- Why do pancakes always win at baseball? They have the best batter!
- What did one wall say to the other wall? "I'll meet you at the corner!"
- What did baby corn say to mama corn? Where’s pop corn?
- What did the ocean say to the beach? Nothing, it just waved!
- Why did the bicycle fall over? Because it was two-tired!
- Where did you learn to make a banana split? Sundae school!
- How does a scientist freshen their breath? With experi-mints!
- Why did the scarecrow win an award? Because he was outstanding in his field!
Corny Dad Jokes
Corny or cheesy, call them what you will. These particular dad jokes are meant to entice eye rolls and groans. However, some of them might actually be funnier than you think.
- What does a lemon say when it answers the phone? Yellow!
- I'm so good at sleeping that I can do it with my eyes closed!
- What is Marco’s favorite clothing store? Polo.
- What vegetable is kind to everyone? The sweet potato.
- Mom said I should do lunges to stay in shape. That would be a big step forward.
- Time flies like an arrow. Fruit flies like a banana.
- Every time I take my dog to the park, the ducks try to bite him. That’s what I get for buying a pure bread dog.
- My dog is a genius. I asked him, "What's two minus two?" He said nothing.
- I’m friends with almost all the letters of the alphabet. I just don’t know Y.
- What did the sapphire’s best friend tell her? You’re a real gem.
- Where do boats go when they’re sick? To the boat doc.
Keep the Family Fun Going
Can’t get enough giggles from these super funny dad jokes? Rethink your laugh-inducing technique with these five hilarious (but harmless) April Fool’s Day ideas.