Open the windows and put on your favorite playlist because it’s time for spring cleaning!
Spring cleaning is a ritual that many people love because it marks the beginning of a new season. It’s also the perfect time to destress and clear away the winter clutter. Here’s the ultimate spring cleaning to-do list to help you get started so you don’t miss a thing. Ready, Set, Go!
Kitchen Spring Cleaning List
- Wipe down and disinfect microwave and countertop appliances
- Empty refrigerator, throw away unwanted food, disinfect interior
- Wipe down inside and outside of the dishwasher; run through a cleaning cycle
- Remove and clean stove burners and drip pans
- Run oven through a cleaning cycle, wipe out interior
- Dust the top of the fridge
- Empty freezer, remove visible debris
- Pull out refrigerator and oven, clean and disinfect floor underneath
- Wipe down and disinfect kitchen tables and chairs
- Wash tablecloths and placemats
- Empty all cabinets and drawers, throw away unwanted food, wipe down interiors and exteriors, organize contents
- Clean and sanitize kitchen countertops
- Soak and clean coffeemaker
- Dust and reorganize cookbooks
- Organize reusable food containers; dispose of those no longer in good shape
- Run cleaner/freshener through garbage disposal (Helpful Hack: Toss a few small lemon peels down the garbage disposal to keep your kitchen smelling fresh.)
- Clean or replace caulking around the sink
Living Room Spring Cleaning List
- Vacuum sofas and chairs; use upholstery cleaner if necessary
- Dust and clean TV and other surfaces (Helpful Hack: Never spray liquids on your TV screen. Gently clean the screen with a soft, dry microfiber cloth.)
- Pull out electronics and vacuum near baseboards
- Disinfect remotes
- Wipe down and disinfect coffee tables
- Sort and dispose of or donate unwanted magazines, DVDs, video games, etc.
- Consider refreshing seasonal decor
Bathroom Spring Cleaning List
- Empty cabinets and wipe down all interior surfaces; organize contents
- Check medicine cabinets for expired medications; dispose of expired or unwanted medications safely
- Clean mirrors
- Wipe out sink(s)
- Unclog drains
- Wipe down shower doors, walls, and bathtubs (Helpful Hack: Use a dryer sheet to wipe down shower doors. It removes soap scum and leaves the glass looking shiny.)
- Wipe down faucets
- Clean interior and exterior of toilet
- Launder rugs and exterior shower curtains
- Replace interior shower curtain
- Clean vent fans
- Scrub grout
Home Office Spring Cleaning List
- Clean keyboards (Helpful Hack: Use a can of compressed air to blast crumbs and debris from the crevices of your keyboard.)
- Disinfect desk and computer
- Replace any chargers with frayed ends
- Dust bookshelves and furniture
- Polish wood surfaces
- Empty, wipe down, and organize drawers
- Shred unnecessary paperwork
Bedrooms Spring Cleaning List
- Remove all clothes from dresser drawers, wipe down interiors and exteriors, replace clothes
- Remove all items from closet floors, organize
- Organize shoes
- Rotate mattress (Helpful Hack: You should rotate your mattress at least twice a year. Turn it in the spring, flip it in the fall.)
- Launder sheets, duvet cover, and mattress cover
Read more: Make your home beautiful by adding flowers around the house when you're finished spring cleaning. Keep them lasting longer with these tips!
General Spring Cleaning List
- Clean windows and windowsills
- Remove and wash screens
- Wash curtains and wipe down blinds
- Dust and clean ceiling fans and light fixtures (Helpful Hack: To clean ceiling fans, place an old pillowcase over the blades and slide it off. All the dust will go into the case, making for less mess and easy cleanup.)
- Dust and wipe down corners of rooms
- Scrub and wax hardwood floors
- Vacuum and shampoo carpets
- Clean or beat area rugs
- Wipe down switch plates and doorknobs
- Wipe down baseboards, heaters, and vents
- Test batteries in smoke and carbon monoxide detectors
- Check or replace air filters
Outdoor and Patio Spring Cleaning List
- Clean rugs
- Replace light bulbs
- Clean glass doors
- Remove and clean screen doors (Helpful Hack: Mixing 1/4 cup of dish soap with 1/2 gallon of water creates the perfect cleaning solution for screens.)
- Power wash outdoor areas, including siding and walkways
- Pull weeds and unwanted plants
- Wipe down doors and touch up paint
Spring Cleaning Without the Headache!
Embarking on a thorough spring cleaning rejuvenates your living spaces and sets a positive tone for the upcoming season.
As you diligently work through our comprehensive to-do list for each room in your home, you're not just clearing physical clutter but also creating a fresh and invigorating environment.
From the heart of your home, the kitchen, to the serene bedrooms, and even extending outdoors to the patio, this spring-cleaning ritual promises a revitalized and organized living space. Don't forget the satisfaction that comes with decluttering closets and donating unused items.
As you sanitize, scrub, and refresh every nook and cranny, you're welcoming a season of renewal and embracing the beauty of a well-maintained living space.
So, open those windows, turn up the music, and let the cleansing begin, marking a fresh start and a vibrant season ahead.